28 Sep 2017Heading to Phoenix, for IEEE Vis
Most of our group will be at VIS again; we’re especially excited for our first-timers Aspen Hopkins and Jen Rogers.
The University of Utah will also join forces with the Universities of Washington and British Columbia to host a party again - we hope to see you there.
Our activities at VIS are:
- Pascal Goffin presents his paper on An Exploratory Study of Word-Scale Graphics in Data-Rich Text Documents on Thursday morning.
- Sean McKenna (now at Lucid Software) presents his paper on Worksheets for Guiding Novices through the Visualization Design Process.
- Alex Lex is hosting the Visualization in Data Science Workshop on Sunday.
- Alex is also on a paper presented at VDS on Visualization of Big Spatial Data using Coresets for Kernel Density Estimates.
- Alex Bigelow is presenting his poster on Reflections on Working With Fellow Tool Builders
- Carolina Nobre is presenting her poster on Lineage: Visualizing Multivariate Clinical Data in Genealogy Graphs
- Aspen Hopkins is presenting her poster on Particulates Matter: Assessing Needs for Air Quality Visualization
- Sam Quinan is presenting his poster on Hue Bands and Human Perception: Revisiting the Rainbow
- Ethan Kerzner is wrapping up his PhD. If you’re interested in hiring a soon-to-be graduate, get in touch with him.
- Finally, we’re admitting students and are hiring postdocs. Talk to Miriah or Alex for more info!