We are a team of visualization researchers at the University of Utah. Our interests include the process of designing and developing visualizations, visualization for biology, visualization frameworks, and, more generally, visualization of big, heterogeneous, and complex datasets.
30 Mar 2017VDL at EuroVis
Two VDL members will be at the EG/VGTC EuroVis conference in Barcelona. Be sure to say hello, come to our talks, and we look forward to connecting with everyone at the conference!
- Ethan Kerzner is presenting his paper on new techniques for visualizing connectivity in large graphs . Be sure to check out his nice walkthrough video of the technique and the open-source implementation.
- Sean McKenna is presenting his work on a design space of visual narrative flow for how people read stories. We will show off example stories from our corpus, user studies, and our own example story showcasing story variations.
25 Oct 2016VDL back at IEEE Vis
We’ll be back at IEEE VIS this time in Baltimore. Our students will be presenting multiple papers and also host a party together with other SCI members! Make sure to say hi, come to our talks and to the Party.
Our activities are:
- Alex Bigelow is presenting his paper on bridging between drawing tools and generative tools in InfoVis. Check out the nice demos on a bridge between Adobe Illustrator on D3.
- Lace Padilla is presenting joint work with Sam Quinan and Miriah Meyer on Evaluating the Impact of Binning 2D Scalar Fields in InfoVis.
- Alex Bigelow shows his work on Resonant Lab for creating visualization components at the Workshop on Visualization in Practice.
- Nina McCurdy is presenting at BELIV on Action Design Research and Visualization Design.
- Sean McKenna presents his poster in the meet the candidate...