We are a team of visualization researchers at the University of Utah. Our interests include the process of designing and developing visualizations, visualization for biology, visualization frameworks, and, more generally, visualization of big, heterogeneous, and complex datasets.
28 Sep 2017Heading to Phoenix, for IEEE Vis
Most of our group will be at VIS again; we’re especially excited for our first-timers Aspen Hopkins and Jen Rogers.
The University of Utah will also join forces with the Universities of Washington and British Columbia to host a party again - we hope to see you there.
Our activities at VIS are:
- Pascal Goffin presents his paper on An Exploratory Study of Word-Scale Graphics in Data-Rich Text Documents on Thursday morning.
- Sean McKenna (now at Lucid Software) presents his paper on Worksheets for Guiding Novices through the Visualization Design Process.
- Alex Lex is hosting the Visualization in Data Science Workshop on Sunday.
- Alex is also on a paper presented at VDS on Visualization of Big Spatial Data using Coresets for Kernel Density Estimates.
- Alex Bigelow is presenting his poster on Reflections on Working With Fellow Tool Builders
- Carolina Nobre is presenting her poster on Lineage: Visualizing Multivariate...
27 Jul 2017VDL at SIGGRAPH
Three VDL members will be at the 2017 SIGGRAPH conference in Los Angeles. If you see them, say hello and go check out Jennifer’s poster. We look forward to connecting with everyone at the conference!
- Jennifer Rogers is presenting her poster entitled “Constellations of Movement: An Interactive Application to Visualize Research in Motor-Imagery Decoding”.
- Sam Quinan as a simple attendee.
- Pascal Goffin is at the conference as part of the SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer Subcommittee.
24 Jul 2017Meyer presents BioVis Keynote