We are a team of visualization researchers at the University of Utah. Our interests include the process of designing and developing visualizations, visualization for biology, visualization frameworks, and, more generally, visualization of big, heterogeneous, and complex datasets.
27 Jul 2017VDL at SIGGRAPH
Three VDL members will be at the 2017 SIGGRAPH conference in Los Angeles. If you see them, say hello and go check out Jennifer’s poster. We look forward to connecting with everyone at the conference!
- Jennifer Rogers is presenting her poster entitled “Constellations of Movement: An Interactive Application to Visualize Research in Motor-Imagery Decoding”.
- Sam Quinan as a simple attendee.
- Pascal Goffin is at the conference as part of the SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer Subcommittee.
30 Mar 2017VDL at EuroVis
Two VDL members will be at the EG/VGTC EuroVis conference in Barcelona. Be sure to say hello, come to our talks, and we look forward to connecting with everyone at the conference!
- Ethan Kerzner is presenting his paper on new techniques for visualizing connectivity in large graphs . Be sure to check out his nice walkthrough video of the technique and the open-source implementation.
- Sean McKenna is presenting his work on a design space of visual narrative flow for how people read stories. We will show off example stories from our corpus, user studies, and our own example story showcasing story variations.