We are a team of visualization researchers at the University of Utah. Our interests include the process of designing and developing visualizations, visualization for biology, visualization frameworks, and, more generally, visualization of big, heterogeneous, and complex datasets.
Blog And News
Seven VDL lab members are back in person at IEEE VIS this year! We especially look forward to co-host the Utah Party together with other SCI members on Tuesday night at Social Capital! Make sure to say hi, come to our talks and to the party.
Our activities are:
- Haihan Lin is presenting her paper Data Hunches: Incorporating Personal Knowledge into Visualizations on Wednesday Oct 19th, 2-3:15 PM CDT.
- Moataz Abdelaal, who is visiting from the University of Stuttgart, is presenting his paper Visualization for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction: Shaping the Future of Our Built World on Wednesday, Oct 19th, 3:45-5 PM CDT.
- Moataz is also presenting his paper Comparative Evaluation of Bipartite, Node-Link, and Matrix-Based Network Representations on Thursday, Oct 20th, 10:45-12 PM CDT.
- Alex Lex is on the panel for Is This (Panel) Good Enough for IEEE VIS? on Friday, Oct 9-10:15 AM CDT.
- Haihan and Kiran Gadhave are attending the Doctoral Colloquium.
- And finally, Kiran is helping out at VIS as a student volunteer!